HOW TO TAKE REMEDIES
Remedies are easy and pleasant to take. Where possible, tip a pillule into the lid of the remedy bottle, and then tip it straight into a clean mouth, without water and allow to dissolve. Some people prefer to put them under their tongue, but they will dissolve very quickly. Remedies can be anti-doted and it is important not to touch the pillules with your hands, especially if you are giving them to someone else.
Please remember, the effects of remedies can be anti-doted by a number of things. Please read the list below to ensure you get the maximum effect from your remedies.
- Keep homeopathic remedies away from electrical and magnetic devices, especially mobile phones, computers, microwaves etc. strong odours, heat and direct sunlight.
- Its best to take remedies on a ‘clean mouth’ so try to ensure you do not eat or drink approximately 10 minutes before or after taking a remedy to give it the best possible chance of working effectively.
- If you can, try and cut out stimulating drinks such as coffee and strong tea, alcohol etc whilst undergoing homeopathic treatment. This is because these flavours can disturb the beneficial response or even antidote the remedy you are taking.
- Strong-smelling substances can also antidote remedies. Aromatic oils such as tea-tree oil, camphor and menthol and scented products including toothpaste, mints.
- Do inform your homeopath if you have had any medications or procedures during your treatment, e.g. Dental treatment and x-rays, vaccines.
- You can contact the pharmacies below to order remedies or speak to a homeopath for advice.
- Remedies for acute prescribing, first aid and travel can now be obtained easily over the counter from:
- Helios Pharmacy, Tunbridge Wells (also mail order t: 01892 537254)
- Helios Pharmacy, Covent Garden, London, t: 0207 379 7434
(also mail order)
- Ainsworths – t: 0207 935 5330
36 New Cavendish Street, W1G 8UF
- Nelsons Homeopathic Pharmacy – t: 0207 495 2404
- A reduced selection of remedies are also available at main branches of:
Holland & Barrett
- Always try enquiring at your local health food shop for remedies.